Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#292577 - 09/09/10 11:12 AM AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
leezone Offline

ok guys, while at Frank's testing the AUDYA,
he pointed out, and we confirmed the following:

-while playing a style and holding a note or chord on right hand, any sound
-then striking the left hand hard (full velocity)
-the RIGHT hand is affected, in that things such as vibrato on RH kick in... and the sound is altered,

so you're playing a clarinet, and hit the left hard,
all of a sudden your clarinet has a serious case of VIBRITIS

the RIGHT hand (solo), should be independent/split from the LEFT hand
so 1 velocity should not affect the other

please try...
and NO it's NOT meant to be this way

i wonder how other arrangers behave

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 09-09-2010).]

#292578 - 09/09/10 11:40 AM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Leezone,

Why you don't post this question in the KETRON forum?.
I think you will find a quicker answer there.

Have you purchase an Audya 4 or 5 yet?

#292579 - 09/09/10 12:04 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
leezone Offline

yes i have bought the AUDYA 4

i will post on Ketron forum

it's just that THIS seems to be the Ketron forum nowadays, and has much more exposure

#292580 - 09/09/10 12:28 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
Dnj Offline

Lee so when are you returning the Audya?

#292581 - 09/09/10 12:29 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
My Tyros 2 does the same thing. It's designed that way, and my guess is so is the Audya. Just adjust touch sensitivity to suit you.

But then again, who on purpose would hit the left hand chord as hard as they can anyway?

Sounds like a bug hunt to me.

#292582 - 09/09/10 12:30 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Lee so when are you returning the Audya?

NEVER !!!

just because it has "bugs" doesn't take away from the fact that this is 1 KICK @SS ARRANGER !!!

#292583 - 09/09/10 01:05 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
My Tyros 2 does the same thing. It's designed that way, and my guess is so is the Audya. Just adjust touch sensitivity to suit you.

But then again, who on purpose would hit the left hand chord as hard as they can anyway?

Sounds like a bug hunt to me.

NO!!!! it should not work that way...
Any top model should have individual part control of velocity and after touch..

Gee-sh, I am glad I play a Roland..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-09-2010).]

#292584 - 09/09/10 01:09 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This issue has nothing to do with VELOCITY. It is you, playing hard, activating the aftertouch sensor. And aftertouch is a monophonic sensor. There is no such thing (AFAIK) as an arranger with a split aftertouch sensor. Polyphonic aftertouch kind of died out years ago (sadly, IMO).

Aftertouch is generated by a sensor strip that lies underneath the keys, and it generates ONE value. In other words, if you press hard on the lower end of the keyboard (even inadvertently, by playing hard, any sound being played high up will get vibrato'd (if that is what it is programmed to do). Your G70 does this as well (as does ANY modern keyboard).

The idea of a 'split' aftertouch sensor is kind of nice, until you start to think of the difficulties... If there are then TWO aftertouch sensors, where do you put the split...? After all, it is NOT a software function, it will have to be two physical sensor strips. So there will be no way to program where it splits. So you will STILL have the same problem, depending on where you split your LH/RH sounds.

I would try messing around with the sensitivity of the aftertouch if I were you, if weight at the LH is triggering the aftertouch on high notes. Even better would be a curve selector, where you could choose whether the aftertouch response is linear or weighted towards heavier touch, so your LH doesn't activate it if played softer than your RH. I don't know if the Audya offers this, but it's worth looking in the manual.

In the meantime, you are 0 for 2 in the 'bug' category, all you have so far described is behavior that even your G70 does. I would, in future, post something more along the lines of 'Is this normal behavior?' in your posts than screaming 'BUG!' at the top of your lungs. Or even checking whether your G70 does it as well before you even post!

Once again (even after actually getting one!) you seem determined to find fault with the Audya, to the point of inventing problems that don't exist (or at least ALL keyboards suffer from)..! How about getting on with discovering what the Audya does WELL, rather than trying (WAY too hard, IMO!) to be the first to report a genuine 'bug'..?

You might remember that I used to run the old G70 Users Club's Bug Forum... we had a system there where, BEFORE anything was allowed to be called a bug, we went through the process of, first of all, noting the EXACT set of steps needed to reproduce something weird. If you can't make it happen consistently, it's much more likely to be PEBCAK (problem exists BETWEEN chair and keyboard!) than a true bug. And then a discussion about whether this behavior is actually contrary to anything in the manual. Often, it was simply decided that a flaw in the system was simply bad design rather than a bug, because it did nothing that the manual said it shouldn't. To get prompt updates to fix bugs, it is important to not flood the company with mere moaning about 'this doesn't work the way I'd LIKE it to', and concentrate on 'this doesn't work the way you SAY it should'.

A bug is NOT a design choice that is poorly made... or a technical limitation that all other keyboards suffer from.

#292585 - 09/09/10 01:11 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, don't you play 2 or more sounds on your keyboard...of course you may want to play with velocity on just your left or right hands independently...also style dynamics can be used with velocity from the left hand..you do have this feature on the top of the line Tyros...Don't you?

#292586 - 09/09/10 01:16 PM Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

Scott, not sure if you own an AUDYA

but on the AUDYA, when you hit the left hand HARD,
it senses your playing, and automatically will randomize a fill, maybe a different bass line, or an accented drum groove, (different from the generic fills A,B,C

this is why you would hit harder, on AUDYA at least....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online